Helminthiasis is one of the most unpleasant and vile diseases. Parasites live in the human body, poison the body and cause chronic ailments. You can get sick for years without even knowing it - this stage of helminthiasis is called an erased course.
Due to the impossibility of completely preventing the entry of worms into the body, it is necessary to know the symptoms they cause, not only in childhood, but also in adulthood.
The main danger of the disease in the first stage is that it is quite difficult to detect parasites. Symptoms often coincide with the causes of other diseases.If you find the following sensations and signs, it is recommended to be tested for helminths:
- unreasonable rise in temperature;
- lymph nodes are unusually enlarged;
- aching pain in muscle tissue and aching pain in the joints;
- teeth and skin become yellowish;
- anal itching;
- increased appetite;
- rashes periodically appear on the skin;
- swelling in the legs, arms and fingers;
- abdominal pain and gas;
- bitter taste in the mouth;
- frequent snoring;
- insomnia or restless sleep.
Similar symptoms with a probability of 70% signal an invasion. You should immediately consult a doctor and get tested for the presence of parasites.
Important!Even if a medical examination of feces and blood did not show the presence of worms, you should still drink the medicines recommended by the doctor. Analyzes are not always able to detect helminths the first time.
The gastrointestinal tract is the main residence of parasites, although they can spread to any internal organs. Knowing what symptoms exist, you can successfully narrow down the list of helminth species that have settled in the body. By what signs are worms determined in the gastrointestinal tract?
- One of the symptoms is joint and muscle pain.
- Feverish state.
- Weakened immunity and the development of various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The total number of eosinophils (a subspecies of white blood cells) in the blood becomes greater.
- Allergic reactions occur.
Tapeworms provoke the appearance of manifestations similar to those characteristic of nematodes.If you find such signs, you should consult a doctor and undergo a comprehensive examination for different types of parasites.
No less dangerous are parasites that have settled in the respiratory system. In some species, the development cycle necessarily includes the passage of larvae through the lungs of the host. They then return to the intestines through the mouth when swallowed.Possible signs:
- First of all, chest pains and tingling appear.
- It becomes hard to breathe: a person is accompanied by shortness of breath and suffocating attacks.
- There is an infection of the lungs with parasites against the background of an uncomfortable and weakened state of the whole organism.
- Body temperature rises rapidly.
- In the morning the patient wakes up from attacks of coughing with sputum.
- There are problems with the organs of vision.
- The person suffers from extensive allergies.
- The infected lose their appetite. There are signs of poisoning with toxins.
- Increased headache.
- Vomiting and nausea.
In the largest human gland, which performs many important functions, worms also settle. They disrupt its work, causing dangerous diseases.The following manifestations may occur:
- Due to the activity of parasites, anemia develops. The concentration of hemoglobin and the total volume of erythrocytes decrease. Attention is not focused. The patient acquires pale skin and gets tired quickly from any activity.
- The chair is liquefied.
- Symptoms such as swelling and itching appear.
- The whole body feels aching.
- The patient is feverish, and he begins to lose weight rapidly.
- A person infected with worms is constantly sick and vomits.
- Significantly worsening appetite.
- It seems that the liver has become larger in size.
- Severe nettle rash.
- The patient looks sick.
Important!In advanced cases, parasites in the liver lead to nervous disorders, duodenal ulcers, irritability, headaches and other dangerous consequences.
Eyes or brain
An extreme danger to human life and health is represented by worms that have chosen the organs of vision and the brain as their place of residence. Timely diagnosis of parasites in these places will avoid brain damage and blindness.
- Eye damage is manifested as follows:
- Inflammation of the conjunctiva due to larvae trapped in it.
- The eyelids swell up like a boil.
- The patient feels something moving in the eyes.
- Extended ornate lines appear on the skin of the eyelids.
- Conjunctivitis is one of the consequences of infection of the organs of vision by parasites.
- Brain damage is expressed as follows:
- Nervous tension and breakdowns.
- Sleep problems leading to constant insomnia.
- It became difficult to drink alcohol. The intake of strong drinks causes severe pain in the head.
- The back of the head and temples are the main places of pain.
- The depression does not stop and only gets worse.
- During headaches, the parasite-infected is constantly sick and wants to vomit.
- Sudden problems with the eyes begin.
Only a qualified doctor can accurately determine the diagnosis. In addition to the therapeutic and hospital examination, the patient is advised, if possible, to contact laboratories specialized in diagnosing parasites.
The most common symptoms
Many signs of infection are common to most roundworms or tapeworms. After identifying the main consequences, it is worth moving on to identifying a specific type of parasite for effective treatment with a suitable drug. Possible symptoms of helminthiasis:
- A rash on the skin is one of the main signs of a parasitic invasion. It can be ordinary acne, chiria, papillomas, urticaria or eczema spots.
- Chronic cough does not go away after taking antibiotics and expectorants.
- Reduced immunity does not allow the patient to get out of a constant cold state.
- The movement of the worms inside the body causes severe pain in the joints.
- Blocking by large helminths of the rectum, pancreas and gallbladder is expressed in constipation and bloating.
- Increased nervous activity causes teeth grinding.
- Problems with the work of the gastrointestinal tract cause irritability.
- Inflammation of the upper respiratory tract is accompanied by a runny nose, pneumonia and other diseases. Especially such symptoms are characteristic of diseases with strongyloidiasis (intestinal acne) and ascariasis (roundworm).
- Metabolic disorders and poisoning by the products of the activity of worms cause a chronic depressive state.
Symptoms will allow an experienced therapist to distinguish parasitic infestation from diseases that have similar signs. During the active phase of reproduction, the diagnosis is clarified with the help of tests.
Symptoms of infection in children
Helminths are very dangerous for the younger representatives of the human race. Detecting parasites in children in time is essential for their healthy development. Sometimes the signs of worms in the body of a child look quite harmless, so parents should be extremely careful.
- If the baby snores in his sleep and sleeps poorly, you should think about the presence of pinworms in the fragile body. They affect the brain tissue, causing nervous reactions.
- General and local manifestations of an allergic reaction are also characteristic of invasion. Giardia causes the following common reactions: nail cracks, bronchial asthma, rhinitis. Local reactions are in such signs: itchy skin, dry cough and asthmatic spasms.
- The consequences of a weakened immune system in children are inflammation of the paranasal sinuses (sinusitis), lesions of the oral mucosa (stomatitis), inflammatory processes in the female organs (vulvovaginitis), and bacterial vaginosis.
- Ascariasis and diphyllobothriasis (broad tapeworm) cause aggressiveness and irritability in children. This happens due to poisoning of the brain with helminth waste.
- Hormones produced by certain types of parasitic worms cause fluid malabsorption in the gastrointestinal tract. This leads to disruption of the stool and diarrhea.
If a person has worms, what symptoms can be detected regardless of age? From depression and allergies to serious diseases of the internal organs, disorders of the brain and nervous system.Children are particularly susceptible to the negative effects of parasites.In babies, chronic poisoning with toxic waste products of various worms causes mental disorder and developmental delay.
The first symptoms should be an alarming signal about the need for urgent diagnosis and proper treatment of an established disease. Having rid the body of the presence of helminths in time, the patient will soon recover and return the joy of life.
Timely medical consultation will help determine the exact type of helminths, which will allow you to accurately prescribe effective treatment procedures.